TTC’s Minibus Driver Coaching and Assessment programme aims to bridge the vast gap between the training undertaken by professional coach drivers versus the voluntary or occasional minibus driver who may not have had any additional training since passing their driving test.
Transporting passengers in a minibus comes with added responsibilities and organisations should be aware that they have legal responsibilities to fulfill as well as a moral duty of care to both the driver and passengers.
This course is recommend for anyone who drives a minibus, either as a volunteer or under full PCV D1 entitlement, a few examples being:
- Charity groups;
- Educational establishments;
- Local Authorities;
- Outdoor pursuits organisations;
We recognise that every organisation is different so our minibus driver training course is fully customisable; however, in its simplest form, drivers will undergo a two-hour practical coaching and assessment session in a minibus, aimed at establishing that drivers are safe and competent to drive this type of vehicle.
This approach is ideal for individuals or organisations that have small numbers of drivers who make infrequent journeys.
Organisations that have larger numbers of drivers or those who make more frequent journeys should have a policy in place that manages both the drivers and their training via a permit scheme.
Minibus permit scheme
Based on an organisation’s individual requirements we can tailor a scheme that meets your specific needs including:
- A secure web-based system to internally manage a permit programme with minimum administration;
- A vehicle management portal (sends nominated personal automatic alerts for scheduled servicing, Tax, MOT and insurance);
- The facility to accommodate pre joining criteria as per your organisation’s policy, for example; medical and consideration of driving history;
- In-class workshop on minibus and driver safety;
- On-road practical coaching with assessment in a minibus;
- Automatic issue of permit and subsequent renewal notices.
Depending on which elements of our scheme you invest in, there are a number of benefits:
- Assurance for the employer that their drivers are capable of driving the vehicle safely;
- Enhanced passenger safety and improved passenger comfort;
- Increased driver confidence;
- Potential reduction in vehicle running costs;
- Potential reduction in insurance premiums;
- Increased fuel economy;
- A better image for your organisation;
- Reduces the possibility of litigation should the unthinkable happen (especially important since the introduction of the Corporate Manslaughter Act in 2007).